Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

LPCgrad286
    Participant

Hi guys.

I was wondering if I could get some advice from current trainee solicitors / paralegals. Basically, I have just started working at a boutique firm in London. I have only been there a week and I already have my own caseload. I am struggling a bit to keep on top of everything. The partner that supervises me is very nice and she has told me to let her know if I feel like everything is getting too much. First day I had an induction, which didn’t really finish because I had a meeting with the partner. Second day, finished off my induction and was given my own caseload. This is the first time I have had a paralegal job or any job at a firm. The partner said how important it was for me to keep up with billing my time on to the system. The issue is I am finding it hard to constantly log in my time after everything, especially when it gets very busy and I am asked to do different things which were unexpected. Also around my third day she said from the following week I had to start meeting my targets and basically doing more chargeable work. I am finding it hard, because I am mostly doing non chargeable work since it’s only been my first few days and it takes me quite long to familiarise myself with the cases. Additionally, this is in an area of law that I have never done before so I’m also trying to gain the legal knowledge.

Did anyone else also find it hard to begin with as a paralegal/trainee? Any tips in relation to billing time or working on cases? Any tips on how I can become more efficient?

If anyone has any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.