A great opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join our growing and successful Projects and Contracts Team in the Bristol or London Office.
Beale & Company is a specialist international law firm with a first-class reputation for advising on complex and technical matters in the fields of construction, engineering and infrastructure; insurance; the professions; and technology. We are recognised as leaders in our fields in Chambers UK and Legal 500, and many of our Partners are recommended in these directories.
Projects and Contracts Team
The Projects and Contracts Team acts for some of the foremost companies in the industry, providing specialist advice to construction professionals, contractors and employers in the UK and throughout the world. The Team has a proven track-record of dealing with high-profile building and engineering projects.
You will have experience of reviewing, advising, drafting and negotiating construction contracts, appointments, collateral warranties and associated documentation.
Previous experience of working in an in-house legal team would be beneficial.
Candidates must be technically excellent. It is important that the candidate is commercially aware and enthusiastic about business development (being able to develop existing and forge new relationships).
Candidates should have:
- Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent at Law (or equivalent conversion);
- Completed LPC;
- Solid experience (minimum of six months) in a similar role;
- Competent in all MS applications, to include Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Solid drafting skills;
- Methodical approach and excellent level of attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as a supportive team member;
- Good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Able to prioritise a heavy workload;
- Excellent approach to work, including organisation skills; and
- Positive attitude with high level of personal motivation.
Beale & Company is an equal opportunities employer. We are also signatories to the Law Society’s Diversity and Inclusion Charter.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Donna Clarke, Human Resources Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7469 0400.
(Please note that Beale & Company do not wish to be contacted by any recruitment agencies or consultants in relation to this role.)